Born in Barrie and educated in Barrie and area schools, Trevor Owen compassionately but firmly represents clients in the areas of family law and wills, powers of attorney and estates.
Legal Achievements: Trevor has argued six (6) cases at the Ontario Court of Appeal and has never lost a case there. Over an approximately ten (10) year period Trevor argued approximately 160 motions in row without a loss. Trevor cannot achieve the impossible but his judgment on what is a winning motion is proven. Trevor has made presentations to the local bar and judiciary on legal issues. A number of articles for the Christian Legal Journal have been authored by Trevor.
Member of the Simcoe County Family Lawyers Association, Simcoe County Lawyers Association, Law Society of Upper Canada and the Ontario Bar Association.
- Bachelor of Arts with Honours from University of Toronto;
- Masters degree in International Law and Relations from Cambridge University, England
- Law Degree from Queen’s University
- Won Scholarships to Trinity College, U. of Toronto, Cambridge University and Queen’s University
He is a member of the Simcoe County Law Association, the Simcoe County Family Law Lawyer’s Association and a member of the Ontario Bar Association.
- Guest Lecturer Faculty of Law, Lviv University, Ukraine
- instructed the wills/estate course at Georgian College, Barrie
- Chair & Vice-Chair Simcoe County Association for the Physically Disabled 1989-96
- One of the founding directors of Huronia Habitat for Humanity (Barrie chapter)
- Board of Directors of Inter Varsity Christian Fellowship 1994-04;
- Board of Directors Christian Horizons (physically and mentally disabled) 1998-04;
- Member of the Canadian Christian Legal Fellowship 1989 forward;
- Member of the Barrie Christian Business Men’s Committee 1988 forward and Chair 1990-06
- Member of the Barrie Mayor’s Prayer Breakfast since 1990 & chair from 1995 forward;
- Leadership volunteer at Ontario Pioneer Camp for 12 years
- Participated in over 35 various election campaigns at all levels of government and involvement;
- On management committee for various churches and regional church organizations;
- Adult volunteer to son’s activities
- Married with a son.
Trevor enjoys reading, canoeing, public speaking, travelling and camping.
Article written by Trevor Owen: Recipes For Relationship Success