Divorce and separation from your spouse are difficult times for both parties involved. If the divorce is amicable, there is less hurt and more hope to lead a good life forward.
However, if divorce is happening due to infidelity, there is a lot more hurt involved. This affects different aspects of life as well as divorce proceedings. For example, a lot of divorce property issues Barrie crop up because one of the spouses wants to be a sore loser. Another issue that emerges during divorce is the lack of financial support to one of the spouses.
And that’s where the spousal support clause comes into play. To explain in brief, spousal support is financial help given by one spouse to another. But getting spousal support is not so easy! You need to qualify for the court to order spousal support. Here’s what qualifies you as a candidate for spousal support:
- If you can prove that you weren’t able to build your career and finances due to events such as taking care of children, you will qualify for spousal support.
- If your divorce results in a lack of finances and your spouse can pay for support, you will qualify for spousal support.
- Lastly, if you have a legal document stating that you will get spousal support in the event of divorce and separation, you will qualify for spousal support.
But how do you apply for spousal support? Start by contacting a family law Barrie lawyer who can help you to apply and receive spousal support. They might suggest you two ways:
- Either you can discuss and negotiate about spousal support while creating a separation agreement. This must be done before the final verdict.
- Or you can ask the judge to determine whether you qualify for spousal support. And if you do, let them determine the amount and duration.
Although this might seem quite straightforward, in reality, it can get complicated very quickly in divorce cases. The best way is to talk to your divorce lawyers and Barrie family lawyers in some cases. They will assist you in making the right decision and getting the maximum spousal support needed.
If you want to file for divorce and get professional and experienced negotiation services, get in touch with us at Owen & Associates Law. We are a leading firm with a team of family lawyers, divorce lawyers, real estate lawyers, and more.
At Owen & Associates Law, we are always striving to assist our clients to get the best possible positive result for their cases.
Get in touch with us now to know more.