Are you buying your dream house? If so, you might have invested a lot of time and money to find the house you have always wanted. You certainly don’t want all that to waste and go back to renting houses.
Hence, you must be extremely careful while fulfilling the requirements to buy a house. And it would be wise to take help from professional real estate lawyers Barrie. Most home buyers ask this question whether they should hire a real estate lawyer while buying a new house.
Here’s how hiring a real estate lawyer can help you during the house-buying process.
- The real estate lawyer will help you review and understand the contract to ensure all your requirements are fulfilled and you aren’t duped.
- The real estate lawyer will help you find title insurance before you close the deal. They will ensure you have a value title before you sign the contract.
- The real estate lawyer will ensure that no one else has registered a claim against the property. This will help you reduce the chances of ownership disputes later in time.
- When you buy a house, you certainly don’t want a property tax debt left by the previous owner. A real estate lawyer will check and ensure the property tax is paid in full before you sign the contract.
- Real estate lawyers Barrie will also help you prepare your mortgage documents.
- You might have to pay a land transfer tax after you have closed the deal. A real estate lawyer will help you calculate the due land transfer tax.
- A real estate lawyer will ensure the whole transaction goes smoothly. They will ensure that all legal and financial requirements have been fulfilled.
- Finally, they will exchange the keys and contract with the seller’s lawyer to close the deal.
Just as hiring a real estate lawyer is critical for a buyer, it is critical for a seller too. A real estate lawyer can help the seller in multiple ways starting from reviewing the contract and negotiating the terms and conditions to exchanging the keys with the buyer’s lawyer.
So, make sure to hire a real estate lawyer while buying your new house. And you can get in touch with us at Owen & Associates Law.
We offer professional, licensed, and experienced real estate lawyers in the region. We also practice family law and hence can provide you with family law lawyers, child custody lawyers Barrie, and more.
Contact us now to know more.